NOXXON Pharma is a biopharmaceutical company pioneering the development of a new class of proprietary therapeutics called Spiegelmers*, the chemically synthesized, immunologically passive alternative to antibodies. NOXXON has a diversified portfolio of clinical stage Spiegelmer therapeutics:
• anti-CXCL12/SDF-1 Spiegelmer® NOX-A12 (olaptesed pegol) for oncology
• anti-hepcidin Spiegelmer® NOX-H94 (lexaptepid pegol) for anemia of chronic disease
• anti-CCL2/MCP-1 Spiegelmer® NOX-E36 (emapticap pegol) for diabetic nephropathy
The Spiegelmer platform provides the company with powerful and unique discovery capabilities, which have generated a number of additional leads under discovery stage investigation. Located in Berlin, Germany, NOXXON has approximately 56 employees.
• Spiegelmer Inhibition of MCP-1/CCR2 - Potential as an Adjunct Immunosuppressive Therapy in Transplantation.
• Intravitreal inhibition of complement C5a reduces choroidal neovascularization in mice.
• Crystal structure of a mirror-image L-RNA aptamer (Spiegelmer) in complex with the natural L-protein target CCL2.
Berlin, Germany and Boston, USA
2015, July 14
NOXXON appoints Aram Mangasarian as CEO