NOXXON Pharma is a biopharmaceutical company pioneering the development of a new class of proprietary therapeutics called Spiegelmers*, the chemically synthesized, non-immunogenic alternative to antibodies. NOXXON has a diversified portfolio of clinical stage Spiegelmer therapeutics:
• anti-CCL2/MCP-1 Spiegelmer® emapticap pegol (NOX-E36) for diabetic nephropathy
• anti-CXCL12/SDF-1 Spiegelmer® olaptesed pegol (NOX-A12) for oncology
• anti-hepcidin Spiegelmer® lexaptepid pegol (NOX-H94) for anemia of chronic disease
The Spiegelmer platform provides the company with powerful and unique discovery capabilities, which have generated a number of additional leads under preclinical investigation. Located in Berlin, Germany, NOXXON is a mature, well-financed biotech company with a strong syndicate of international investors, and approximately 60 employees.
• Peripherally circulating ghrelin does not mediate alcohol-induced reward and alcohol intake in rodents.
• NOX-A12: mobilizing CLL away from home.
• CCL2-dependent infiltrating macrophages promote angiogenesis in progressive liver fibrosis.
Sven Klussmann, Johannes Hoos
Berlin, Germany, 2014, April 08
Anti-Hepcidin Spiegelmer Lexaptepid Pegol Increases Hemoglobin in Subset of Anemic Patients in Pilot Phase IIa Study
Berlin, Germany, 2014, April 04